Know the signs & you can help!
Have you noticed any of the folowing?
- Memory Loss that disrupts daily life
- Forgetting appointments or future plans
- Not sure how to solve problems
- Difficulty completing tasks at home, work, or liesure
- Withdrawn from friends, family, work, & activities
- Confusion with time and/or place
- Difficulty communicatiing or finding words
- Misplacing things
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Ability to focus on obects or subjects
- Misplacing things or unable to retrace steps
- Mood changes (getting mad for no reason)
- Anxiety, Depression, Paranoia, Hallucinations, Agitated
- Home is more cluttered than in the past
- Unkempt appearance of refusal to bathe
Did you answer YES to more than 2 of these? It may be time to talk to your loved one’s doctor. In the case of most dementias, including Alzheimer’s disease, there is no cure and no treatment that slows or stops its progression. But there are drug treatments that may temporarily improve symptoms and enhance your loved ones life. Even if symptoms suggest dementia, early diagnosis allows a person to get the maximum benefit from available treatments and/or Clinical trials.